Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'm headed home



By DeWayne Wickham

ABOARD PLANE - I won't be in St. Paul when the Republican convention begins on Monday. The GOP turned down my request for credentials to cover their meeting.

The excuse they gave me is that I applied too late, even though I submitted my request to the Republican Party at the very same time I asked the Democratic Party for credentials to cover its convention.

So like many other blacks in this country, I will not be anywhere near St. Paul's Excel Energy Center when the GOP meets to nominate its candidates to be president and vice president of ALL Americans.

But don't worry, the Republican's refusal to let me attend their convention won't stop me from writing about what goes on there - so please keep reading my blog.

No comments: